We are happy that you are interested in a D&S Retrievers puppy. If you feel a D&S puppy would be a great fit for your home and family, please be sure to look over our Bill of Sale-Health Guarantee. You may then complete and submit a Client Information Sheet with the initial $200.00 non-refundable deposit.
Once the puppies are born and we determine there is a puppy available for you, a second $200.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your puppy. The remaining balance of the total price of the puppy will be due in CASH (no checks) on the puppy pick-up day.
We base the cost of our puppies on various items, i.e., stud fees, travel expenses, pedigrees, and titles. The price of one of our puppies ranges from $2200.00 to $2500.00. Puppy pick order is determined by the date of the initial deposit received.
All puppies come with: AKC Limited Registration, dew claws removed, early scent orientation, early neurological stimulation, wormed at 3, 5, & 7 weeks of age, first round of vaccines at 6 weeks of age, 7-week wellness exam at Silver Maple Veterinary Clinic, and a 27-month Health Guarantee (hips/elbows).
Puppies are available for pick-up at 8-weeks of age. We will set a "puppy pick-up day" when the litter arrives. If you are unable to pick-up your puppy in person, we can help you find ground transportation. We do not fly puppies. If you are unable to pick-up your puppy on the designated day, a $35.00 per day fee will be required.
If you would like us to meet you somewhere with the puppy, we charge .50 cents a mile (round trip), all tolls, meals, hotel (if needed). Please let us know ahead of time if this is something that you are interested in so we may plan our calendar accordingly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. We currently feed Purina Pro Plan High Protein (28/18) Chicken and Rice Formula Dry Puppy food. We then transition our puppies when they are one year old to Purina Pro Plan 30/20 Chicken & Rice Formula.
2. If you intend to switch foods, we will give you a small supply to go home with you. Transitioning should be a gradual process as to not upset their stomachs: Week 1: 75% original food, 25% new food; Week 2: 50/50; Week 3: 25% original food, 75% new food; and Week 4: 100% new food.
3. Puppy has received first round of vaccinations at 6-weeks of age. Puppy will be due for additional vaccines at 9, 12 & 16 weeks of age.
4. We recommend you do not spay or neuter your puppy until they are 12-18 months of age. This allows your puppy to fully mature. Later spay/neuter has been proven to lower the risk of hip dysplasia, cruciate tears, and certain types of cancers.
5. We highly recommend crate training.
6. For flea and tick prevention, we recommend VectraD.
7. For heartworm prevention, we recommend Interceptor Plus.
8. All puppies are wormed at 3, 5 & 7 weeks of age. A fecal exam is done at their 7-week wellness exam to show puppy has no parasites before leaving our home. D&S Retrievers does not cover any veterinary expenses related to parasites.
9. We recommend that you do not take your puppy to dog parks, rest areas, or pet stores before they are fully vaccinated at 16-weeks of age.
10. You have become part of the D&S Retrievers family and we are happy to take your phone calls, emails, texts, etc. for the lifetime of the puppy.
D & S Retrievers 27 Boy Scout Road * Kutztown * PA * 19530 610-216-9512 * 484-619-1732 email@example.com